How SharePoint Designs spruced up quality checks for a modular kitchen and bath pioneer
About Our Client
Based in India, Magick Woods Export Pvt. Ltd. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Magick Woods Ltd., Canada - one of the top manufacturers and pioneers of quality bath vanities and kitchen cabinets. Some of their customers include Home Depot, Lowes, Menards, Rona, and Home Hardware.
- Lack of a quality check process at the end of the production line to ensure delivery of products that meet world-class standards
- An ineffective manual tracking system involving QC inspectors - due to the unavailability of a defect identification system
- No one-stop report repository in place for the management to review the number of open defects and statuses of defects
SharePoint Designs developed a QC form to update the defects in the system instantly. Equipped with a camera feature, the QC Inspector could upload or capture the images of defective items. The data stored in the back-end could be used for further analysis. Furthermore, the form could be easily accessed through handheld devices like mobiles or tabs. Using Power BI, a summarised report of the defects and their status was made available for quick reviews.
Our experience in working with different MS applications like Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI played a major role in the quick roll-out.
- Power to instantly reject defective products and eliminating any of their chances of reaching the end customer
- Vast reduction of worker hours involved in updating, correcting, and verifying the documents
- Ability of the QC form to captures the total defects recorded in a day
- Easy-to-interpret Power BI-based reports that facilitates a smooth management review process