How did SharePoint Designs help a Fortune 500 company effectively manage their contract work orders, and external consultants using the power platform tools?
About Our Client
Johnson & Johnson is the world’s largest and most broadly based healthcare company, they are committed to using their reach and size for good. They strive to improve access and affordability, create healthier communities, and put a healthy mind, body, and environment within reach of everyone, everywhere.
Every day, more than 130,000 employees across the world are blending heart, science, and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity.
The client required an end-to-end application to track and manage the work orders and associated consultants. They also wanted a performance dashboard to track and monitor their progress based on timeframes and/or consultants.
- No existing system in place to manage and monitor contracts, work orders, or consultants. They were using excel sheets.
- No real-time tracking of the lifecycle of consultants or contracts.
- Lack of consolidated reports or dashboards to track the history of consultants and work orders.
How did we help?
We developed a fool proof business app from a canvas in Microsoft Power Apps with data from various SharePoint lists. We created different forms to create and assign work orders to different contractors, capture the estimation from contractors, power automate flow to capture the approval/rejection status, and the lifecycle of the work order. The power automate flow is also customized to send reminders in case of delays in approving the work order.
We also developed a performance dashboard to view different charts based on different filters like timeframe or consultant. We also provided an option to Print to PDF in power apps to enable printing of the registered outcomes of a work order.
- Everyday activities are streamlined now.
- Increase in productivity.
- Automated tasks across markets and regions.
- Reduction in human error.
- Significant time saving.
- Approvals using teams and emails.
- Accessible in mobile.