August 19, 2022
How SharePoint Designs enabled effortless invoice tracking with Power Apps
About our Client
Advance Electric is a US-based specialized provider of commercial, industrial, and residential electrical solutions. A fast-growing company, they offer cutting-edge electrical solutions based on high-quality materials and experienced craftsmanship.
- An outdated invoice management system that was unable to cope with its emerging businesses
- Manual tracking and processes of vendor invoices that involved extracting information from hundreds of e-mails
- Failure to update the right order number in the invoice due to time-consuming error-prone processes
During the project's exploratory stage, SharePoint Designs identified the common fields in the invoices. Then, we leveraged MS SharePoint Forms to design a simpler form that captures all the relevant fields. Using Power Apps, we provided a streamlined list of the e-mails that were sorted by date, with a separate field to showcase customer name, address, and order details. Finally, after submission - the documents were generated and automatically saved in a unique folder.
Thanks to our MS SharePoint expertise, the client could quickly retrieve the right document at the right time while easily reviewing the updated fields highlighted.
- Automated tracking of e-mails and invoices for error-free and simplified payment processes
- Significant reduction of hours spent on repetitive tasks like searching for order details and sorting out e-mails
- Minimal training required for the workforce to handle the invoice tracking process